Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Husband Always Compare Me To His Mistress

A 38-year-old woman, Mrs. Abiodun Onadipe, on Tuesday pleaded with an Agege Customary Court to dissolve her 14-year-old marriage on the grounds that her husband was irresponsible.

The mother of three, who sells cosmetics, accused her 42-year-old husband, Mr. Tajudeen Onadipe, of neglect and infidelity.

Abiodun said, “The problem began seven years ago when my husband began an affair with another woman, who is a divorcee. I suffered psychologically because my husband frequently made comparison between me and his lover who bore two children for him.

“My husband insults me at will even to the point of calling me a witch and threatens to beat me.”

Tajudeen, who lives at Akute in Ogun State, made no effort to refute the allegations levelled against him.

He accused his wife of impatience, engaging in unnecessary arguments and insulting him at the slightest provocation.

The President of the Court, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, advised the couple to be patient and sort things out.

But Onadipe refused, insisting that her mind was made up. The case was adjourned till August 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment