Friday, August 24, 2012

PATHETIC:New Born Baby Found Dead In Polythene Bag In Lagos

Residents of Benson Estate, Owutu, along Lagos-Ikorodu Expressway woke up Tuesday to see the corpse of a newly born baby wrapped in a polythene bag.

Passers-by and residents said that the baby was dumped there on Monday night or very early on Tuesday as they did not see it the previous day.

An eyewitness said that the act might have been perpetrated by prostitutes in brothels in the neighbourhood.

“I got to work this morning (Tuesday) and saw a nylon bag beside the compound. Out of curiousity, I went close and saw that it was a baby that was put there. I guessed the prostitutes in the brothels around here might have done it,” the eyewitness said and pleaded anonymity.

Resident of the estate who did not want his identity disclosed, said: “I was surprised when this morning I saw the baby lying here dead. It was so gory a sight that people found it difficult to look at it.

“I had to call the Owutu Police Station to inform them to take necessary action.”

Men of the Owutu Divisional Police Station later came to the scene to take the corpse away.


P.M.NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment